Sunday 19 May 2013

Birthday suggestions

One of the boons of publishing my birthday list is that I have gotten a few suggestions, so thanks Raymond and Mats, they are much appreciated and added to the list!


Walter Flex,  Vriend aan het front -  Bericht uit de loopgraven.
A translation of the 1916 original Der Wanderer Zwischen Beiden Welten.




Ammianus Marcellinus, Julianus, de laatste heidense keizer. Nadagen van een wereldrijk
Res Gestae, in de vertaling van Daan den Hengst. For Anglophones, that means that the Res Gestae by Ammianus Marcellinus have been translated into Dutch.



Bernard Cornwell - Sharpe's Waterloo
and another one I thought of myself. Not so much for historical input, but to get a view of how misinformed British readers can be about the battle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. Let me know what you think!